Monday, 13 February 2017

Poetry- One Moment in Summer

Inspired by a moment in time during their summer, Room 16 got into the swing of poetry writing this morning.  Please come in and check out the poetry pockets displayed in the classroom.  Here are a few to entice you!


The Heat

By Poppy

The sweat dribbles off my face as mum goes around the corner, again.
The car is like a desert but even hotter.

I think that I am going to melt
when mum says, "I've found one."

As I step out of the car the breeze runs up my spine.
As I step on the sand my feet start to burn.
The water is so nice on my feet as I run deeper.

I catch a wave and then another wave.
Then after an hour my mum says, "Time to go,"
So I get in the sweat box again.


A Moment at the Beach

By Evelyn

We drive around the parking lot, the car is so hot and stuffy
I feel like I'm going to bake.

We stop, then I scramble out into the cool fresh air, the salty
breeze fills me with relief, we are here.

As I walk on the boiling pavement I see the crashing
waves as they hit the sizzling, golden sand.

I jump into the freezing, cold water; it is amazing.

I can see seagulls squawking overhead.

We eat lunch in the shining sun.  I see kids run into the
waves then come out, soaking.

I play for a long time but then the fun comes to a stop.

We walk back to the burning car, I slowly hop in
I feel annoyed because we have to leave.

As we go, I stare back at the glittering sand and can't
wait till I can come back again.


One Moment in Summer

By Leila

The car circles the full parks
like a shark circling a group of
fish.

I wait,
and wait.

I see kids running to a Mr Whippy van,
licking dripping ice cream.

The crabs dart behind rocks as
a dog grabs a big one; he barks
as it nips him on the nose.
It scuttles painfully away.

Mum finds a park and we all get out.
The breeze hits me and wakes
me from my coma.
I breathe for real.

The salty air is supporting,
as I splash in the waves.

The temperature flashes hot cold
hot cold hot not warm.

The Big Wave

By Ben W

The doors shut as the boiling
hot seats burn our bums.

The noise of the ocean calling
for us to come in as the waves
crash down.

The cold, refreshing waters hits
our feet as we start running
far down.

The big waves connecting together
to make a big ultra wave.

The ultra wave comes closer
until the sound smacks the back
of my head, I get pushed under.

My eyes burn as the salt water
travels over them.

We dry off and head to the
car, the door shuts as our bums
burn once again.



No comments:

Post a Comment