Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Writing - Journey

Yesterday R17 read through a wonderful wordless book called Journey, by Aaron Becker.

Image result for journey by aaron becker

We decided that it was a story of a young girl who did not have friends. She draws her own world and then heads off to explore it. She comes across a castle where a bird is kept as a treasure in a cage. She frees this bird but is then captured herself. She is in turn freed by the bird.

There is magic and wonder throughout this book.
We then chose one of the pictures to write about as a class. It is of a purple door that leads to...

Image result for journey by aaron becker purple door


We decided that it should lead to a magical world where a gang of thugs with pet vultures battle the good, enchanted birds.

The excitement in our class was just fantastic with so many coming up with creative ideas and bursting to share! Come in in a few days to see what we have created with our wonderful writing.

5 comments:

  1. Today I had soo much fun writing the story with everyone. I just can't wait to write mine I have chosen the red door to write my story on I hope I can get started soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting the shared writing was really fun I came up with some really silly ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds amazing, can't wait to hear some of your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to writing my own story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shared writing is really fun I can't wait to finish it. Sitara

    ReplyDelete