As I step into the land of leaves
A feeling of adrenaline rushes through me
I see the trailing leaves contort
On the carpet of pines.
The branches protrude out of the trunk
As I spot a splinter
Waiting to penetrate a child's finger.
As I step towards a gnarled bough
A crackle slices through the air
The branch arches in the wind and then stops,
Waiting for me to clamber on.
As I start to climb the twisting boughs
A smell engulfs me
Suddenly my head protrudes out
As I reach to touch the sky.
Hugh
As I step under the archway
Leaves conceal me
A rush of adrenaline pours into me.
I gallop forward
Limbs consume me
I jump for the nearest branch
Sap engulfs my fingers
As I scale the pine.
Eli
I step into the magical world
Leaves conceal me
Branches spiral around me
And birds' voices echo.
I stare into space
As I lumber up a staircase of wood
Sunbeams seep through the leaves
Greeting me.
Branches bend as I climb
My muscles heave
But I don't give up
Until I touch the sky.
Ezra
When I look up at the towering birch tree
Gnarly branches look back at me
I have conquered a different variety of trees
But this one is a beast
I decided to scale the monstrous tree
So I can reach the top
My muscles are screaming in agony
But I keep going until I reach the sky.
Isla
As the wax eyes sit on their wild perches
They sip nectar from the white blossoms
A tingle down my spine
Makes me reach for the branches
As I grab the branches I pull myself up
Into another world
Both my head and heart agree
I'm going up
The twisty branches were conquered
As my gnarled fingers twist around the final branch.
Sophie
As I entered a mystical land branches engulfed me
I gazed up at the contorting branches
A rush of adrenaline struck.
I reach for the branches
Sap conceals my hand
As I crawl upwards I reach for the sky.
Lucy
As I stepped through a doorway of twigs
I entered a world of wonder
Branches started whispering to me.
I gazed up
Wanting to touch the sky
I started moving upwards
My body screaming in pain
Looking down I see the gnarled branches.
My hands aching
Needing to get to the sky
I must carry on
Branches getting smaller
Until I touched the sky.
I was very proud of myself today that was the best poem I've written this year
ReplyDeleteWow, what amazing vocab and personification, that was added into these poems. Keep up the great work.
ReplyDeleteThe amazing and unforgettable Dilkee!