We talked about what freedom means to us, and that we have a voice.
Freedom
Sofia
Freedom call me like an old friend
Free to touch my feet again
I dance on the water so deep
Feeling the rain drops as I speak.
I stalk my hopes.
Thoughts flood my mind
Rooted to the ground
I open my mouth to sing
But nothing comes out
The echo of sorrow plays repeatedly in my head
As I gaze into my dreams
I wish for tomorrow.
Hannah
The wind laughs at the mythical creature
Whose kingdom awaits her
The bird stands on the grave of her dreams
The wind stalked the bird
All through her life
Who battles for her freedom
And fights over her fear.
She opens her throat and her tune is heard
On a distant hill
The bird is infuriated with her life
She thinks of another breeze
And would love to one day fly high.
The echo of another bird is heard
Down the row of cages
Her mind shouts a nightmare scream
But still her voice in unknown.
Eli
The caged bird stands, drooped
Inside its cage.
Wind mocking its dreams
But still it opens its mouth to sing.
To finally be noticed
To have a voice
For hope envelopes the caged bird's soul
As it sings for freedom.
Ashley
Freedom leaps into my unhopeful soul
To give me dreams,
Free to fly
Riding the wind
The trapped with no hope
Nowhere to go
I scream for help
But no-one hears
I fight for freedom
And the song that I sing.
Jack
Stuck, caged, imprisoned.
Screaming into the darkness
Hopes shattered, destroyed
Invisible voices denying all.
Helpless, broken.
Being free
Now, stuck
He could not decide what was true
Free or imprisoned?
Liam
Rooted, I am trampled on
I open my mouth
To cry out for help
So I can be noticed.
I will stand up
Rip the ropes of darkness
I will fight for my freedom
And my weapon is my voice.
No comments:
Post a Comment