Monday, 4 September 2017

Different But The Same

Check out some stunning writing by Room 17.

Riley
Alone within the sound of silence
Different but the same
Crying with tears running down my face, drying up
Different but the same
Darkness with the sound of tripping and tumbling
Different but the same.

Image result for sound of silence

Nikita
Standing still,
But feeling so weak.
Running but no movement,
Different but the same.

Pain engulfs me but I feel nothing,
Speaking but no words come out
Different but the same.

Image result for standing still

Isla
Half of me stands alone
As rain falls, darkness is placed within
I am capable of it all
But I cannot raise my spirit,
Watching hope fly away
Until its song is too far to feel.
Leaves fall enveloping me as I lie
Hardly daring to dream,
To dream of another world.

Image result for dream

Liam D
I stand on the plain
The breeze lifting me
My head in the ground
Different but the same.

The waves
Dying
Left alone
Different but the same.

Falling
Helpless
But controlled
Different but the same.

Image result for waves

Jake
I stand tall on a mountain
I stare long and far into the distance
Different but the same.

I see snow coming towards me
I start to run, I trip
Snow surrounds me and laughs
Different but the same.

Image result for standing on a mountain

Stella
Silence floats on the air
As the waves crash,
Their claws reaching for me
Trying to pull me under.

A glow eludes me
Leaving me dark,
A nightmare.

Anger enveloped me
As I stand motionless
A pseudo soul
Leaving me a shell.

Terror accompanies me
As I walk along a wire
My life disappears.

In a blink of an eye
The waves have stolen me.

Image result for anger

Jeremy
I stand strong on the towering tree
Watching from high above
The cold breeze blows against my face
Different but the same.

Waiting, without a watch
Time ticks on
Emotions envelope me
Different but the same.

Crying,
Calling, waiting but not,
Different but the same.

Image result for standing on a tree

Hannah
Standing tall
Lustre snow eddys down
Coldness envelopes, feeling weak, but not.

Silhouettes loom ahead
Echoes of mocking words reverberate
Feeling free, but not.

A solitary glimpse of sun shines through
Two paths await
One dull, one light
I knew one path was destined for me
Feeling ready, but not.

Image result for standing tall

Liam G
I lay,
Blackened fingers motionless.

I rasp the thin air,
But no benefit.
Different but the same.

The white abyss flails with a lustre,
Forgiving,
But contorting
Different but the same.

My consciousness contradicts itself
As it's lost
Different but the same.

My feelings mislead me,
Feeling heavy but weightless.
Disconcerting,
Different but the same.

Image result for forgiving

Ezra
Standing tall on the edge of existence
Icy talons drifting up to me then retracting
Along, forgotten.

Darkness envelopes me, introducing me into a new realm
Clutching onto my spirit,
Alone, forgotten.

Tumbling, falling down the face of the cliff
Impaled by the rocks below
Alone, forgotten.

Image result for cliffs

Eli
The snow,
Releasing a lustre
A cloak of white amongst the pines
An eternal frost.

The wind
Calling, longingly
Stroking the trees
Mourning for freedom.

The sea,
Blundering against rocks
Clawing at the shore
With icy fingers
Reaching for me.

The sun
Crawling across the sky
Lending light to the world
Joy...
Smiles...
Hope.

Image result for light world

Sarah
Standing still,
Lonely in the woods
Nothing but trees standing tall
Collapsing over me
Different but the same.

Speaking without words
Crying without tears
The shadows laugh and slide away
Leaving me alone
In the hall of trees.

Silent
In the woods
Lonely
With the trees.

Image result for person lonely with trees

Jack
Atop the towering hill
The tumbling wind, flailing
Different but the same.

Aloft, floating, high above the clouds
The cold breeze, rippling through the fabric
Different but the same.

Ice, shiver down the spine
Cold to the bone
Different but the same.

Image result for alone atop a hill

1 comment:

  1. Wow good job I really liked Sarahs it was really good and had good launge.

    ReplyDelete