Monday, 25 September 2017

Where the Sidewalk Ends

Jeremy
As I wander down
The path shorter and shorter
It becomes uncertain
Ignoring the chaos around me
I linger
Waiting to be certain
The fire burns my lungs
The smoke pollutes my breath
I run, not knowing where to go
Paths twist and turn
Confusion envelopes me
Lost, confused, angry and sad.

Image result for chaos

Lewis
There is a place where the sidewalk ends
No one just really knows
Where and when the sidewalk ends.

I linger as I see two sidewalks awaiting me
Decisions defeat me
As it will never be found.

Image result for decisions

Sofia
Unknown
There's a time and a place where the sidewalk ends
Where it ends, a new path begins
Content with where I'm going
But not sure where it leads
I linger
Unsure of when the sun will come out
Unsure where it will end
The sidewalk continues and life goes on
Thought,
Freedom,
Clarity,
I know where the sidewalk starts,
But where will it end?

Image result for clarity

Eli
There is a time when the sidewalk frees you
Where chaos and serenity cross
A place where uncertainty consumes you.

Hesitating I wait for something,
I know not what
The fingers of the unknown beckon me
Luring me
Calling to me
I wish to leave but don't
Fear threatens to paralyse me
Yet I stride forward.

Image result for overcoming fear

Ashley
The road bends
And so shall my future
You know where you've been
But you don't know where you're going.

The black smoke covers the land
This is the blindness of the world
There is only chaos
No serenity.

Its future is unknown
But is story must be told
The gardens' flowers like talons
Reaching out to me.

This is where I walk
Stride
And wonder
This is where the air is full of calmness.

Image result for calmness


2 comments:

  1. Wow, these poems are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those poems are brilliant they are master pieces I read every single one.Sofia I loved your last sentence it is outstanding!Eli I like your second sentence, when chaos and serinity cross,Ashley I like how you put so much thought in how you arranged your words.

    ReplyDelete