Monday, 1 May 2017

In Flanders Fields

Inspired by ANZAC Day we pay respects through our poetry today in Room 16.
Image result for flanders field
Soldiers march one by one
Yells and cries from along the fields.
Scarred for life, limping along the bay.
While triggers are pulled, more lives are lost.
Blood stains causing poppies to rise.

Jonah


I go out and grab my gun
I tell my friends, it is no fun
We step outside, smoke fills our lungs
Out in Flanders Field.

In the trenches we all stay,
All the birds have flown away
Horrible sounds pierce the sky
Out in Flanders Fields.

Many perished, and some lost their friends
Some even thought this was the end
I stay and strive onwards
Out in Flanders Field.

Evelyn


Since Then

An old battle field lined with dew,
Covered with poppies row on row.
Loved  ones lie here that haven't been found,
The gunshots that once sounded, have stopped.
And the shells that went off, consuming men,
Have not gone off in centuries since.
The men all marched to their death,
Fighting for us then falling dead.  


Maia Crampton


Single Poppy

A single poppy in murky field
Where a war began and ended.
With gunshots and ear piercing screams
With kids who waited for their fathers to come home
But that one single poppy had seen it all.
Men who had lost their friend and family
That single poppy knew it all.
That single poppy still stood tall.

Poppy 


On the old battle field the trigger is pulled
A body falls dead.
Our lips are sealed, nothing is said.
They have no hope but still they fight
For their country, their family and friends.
And when the sun sets, no one can sleep
For their minds are full of sadness.
And their hearts are full with love
As they lie in the trenches of the old 
Battle field in Flanders Fields.

Juliette


I've seen the poppies grow and how they blow
I saw the war, it do go so
Well, the guns blow and people
Suffer as they go
As they rest in their grave.

Akeira


As I kneel, at Flanders Fields
I watch the flags droop,
As if it feels my pain.
I examine my father's grave 
As tears well in my eyes.
His initials S.B., 'Lest I forget'
As he is my blood.

Cruz


Somewhere in the world I know
Poppies grow row by row
Some we love and some that died.
Gunshot sound burst your ears.
The air is silent.

Sienna
Image result for flanders field


3 comments:

  1. Wow amazing poem Evelyn it was really well written 😀.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really proud of my poem. I shared it with my mum and she thought it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mum read all the poems they made her cry. This was the best poem I have done this year.

    ReplyDelete